Yahoo! Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive online products and services to consumers and businesses worldwide. Yahoo! is the No. 1 Internet brand globally and the most trafficked Internet destination worldwide. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Yahoo!’s global network includes 25 world properties and is available in 13 languages. Traffic on the Yahoo! global network of properties increased to an average of 2.4 billion page views per day as of March 2004. By January 2005, more than 345 million unique users worldwide used the Yahoo! global network of properties. [Source: Yahoo!, Inc., August 2005]
Things to read:
- About Yahoo!
- The History of Yahoo!: How it All Started…
- Read the lastest Yahoo Annual Report
- Frequently Asked Questions
- myYahoo (personalized portal service)
- Wikipedia: Yahoo!
Questions to consider:
- What are the benefits and limitations of the advertising business model?
- How can Yahoo’s rapid success in creating a major global brand name be explained?
- How does Yahoo differ from traditional businesses in the world of mass communication, such as print publication or radio and television broadcasting?
- In what ways do Yahoo and Google differ in their business models?
Selected trademark applications and registrations:
- YAHOO! ®
- DO YOU YAHOO!? ®
- YAHOOLIGANS! ®
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.
- 6,381,594 — System and method for personalized information filtering and alert generation.
- 6,359,633 — Apparatus and method for abstracting markup language documents.
- 6,343,302 — Remote web site authoring system and method.
- 6,216,157 — Method and apparatus for a client-server system with heterogeneous clients.
- 6,205,469 — Method for client-server communications through a minimal interface.
- 5,991,756 — Information retrieval from hierarchical compound documents.
- 5,983,227 — Dynamic page generator.
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to Yahoo!.