Monster, headquartered in Maynard, Mass., is the leading global careers website, recording over 44.1 million unique visits during the month of November 2002 according to independent research conducted by I/PRO. Monster connects the most progressive companies with the most qualified career-minded individuals, offering innovative technology and superior services that give them more control over the recruiting process. The Monster global network consists of local content and language sites in the United States and over 20 courntries. [Source: Monster.com]
Founded in 1967, Monster Worldwide, Inc. (formerly TMP Worldwide Inc.) is the online recruitment leader and the parent company of Monster, the leading global careers website. Monster Worldwide is also the parent company of TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications, one of the world’s largest Recruitment Advertising agency networks, and TMP Worldwide Directional Marketing, the world’s largest Yellow Pages advertising agency and a provider of direct marketing services. Headquartered in New York with approximately 4,500 employees in 19 countries, the Company’s clients include more than 90 of the Fortune 100 and more than 490 of the Fortune 500 companies. [Source: Monster Worldwide, Inc.]
Things to read:
- About Monster Worldwide
- Fact Sheet
- Interactive Metrics
- Monster Presentation at CSFB 5th Annual Global Services Conference
- Have Newspapers Lost Help-Wanted Ads For Good? by Steve Outing
Questions to consider:
- What is the Monster business model(s)?
- How does Monster change the employment market?
Selected trademark applications and registrations:
- MONSTER ®
- MONSTER.COM ®
- THERE’S A BETTER JOB OUT THERE ®
- NEVER SETTLE
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.
- 5,832,497 — Electronic automated information exchange and management system.
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to Monster Worldwide.