Listen.com is a leading online music company that develops and distributes RHAPSODY, a digital music service. Launched in 2001, RHAPSODY gives consumers unlimited access to the world’s largest library of music via the PC and network-connected home entertainment components today and on wireless devices in the future. RHAPSODY combines on-demand music, CD burning, customized and professionally programmed Internet radio, and engaging music information and editorial recommendations. In August 2003, Listen.com became a subsidiary of RealNetworks, Inc., the global leader in digital media services and software for consumers and businesses. [Source: Listen.com]
Things to read:
- About Listen.com
- Fact Sheet
- Downloading Free Music: The Pew Internet & American Life Project’s Online Music Report by Amanda Lenhart and Susannah Fox
Questions to consider:
- What is the Listen.com business model(s)?
- How does Listen.com change the music industry?
- How does Rhapsody differ from other online music services?
Selected registered trademarks:
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to Listen.com.