- Establish a basic understanding of the Internet as a communication network;
- Understand the Internet's evolution from an historical perspective;
- Examine the centrality of communication networks in how business activity is organized;
- Explore how the Internet is causing the rules of business to change;
- Explore how the Internet is causing global markets to change;
- Understand the ways in which information technologies are changing society;
- Examine some of the causes underlying the rapid growth of e-commerce;
- Explore the implications for managing an enterprise in which the Internet is a central feature of how it operates.