Yahoo! Inc. is the premier digital media company, creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. And Yahoo!’s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. [Source: Yahoo!, Inc., April 2011]
Things to read:
Questions to consider:
- What are the benefits and limitations of the advertising business model?
- How can Yahoo's rapid success in creating a major global brand name be explained?
- How does Yahoo differ from traditional businesses in the world of mass communication, such as print publication or radio and television broadcasting?
- In what ways do Yahoo and Google differ in their business models?
Selected trademark applications and registrations:
- YAHOO! ®
- DO YOU YAHOO!? ®
- YAHOOLIGANS! ®
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.
- 6,381,594 -- System and method for personalized information filtering and alert generation.
6,359,633 -- Apparatus and method for abstracting markup language documents.
- 6,343,302 -- Remote web site authoring system and method.
- 6,216,157 -- Method and apparatus for a client-server system with heterogeneous clients.
- 6,205,469 -- Method for client-server communications through a minimal interface.
- 5,991,756 -- Information retrieval from hierarchical compound documents.
- 5,983,227 -- Dynamic page generator.
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to Yahoo!.