PayPal, is the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay without sharing financial information and gives consumers the flexibility to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts or account balances. With more than 164 million accounts in 190 markets and 17 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal is an eBay company. [Source: PayPal, December 2007]
Things to read:
Questions to consider:
- What does PayPal do?
- What are the core components of the PayPal business?
- How does PayPal make money?
- What are the ethical issues raise in how PayPal collects and disburses funds?
- What are the complaints brought by some PayPal users about the service?
- Is the claim that the company is acting in an unethical manner fair?
- In what ways could PayPal improve the management of its service?
Selected trademark applications and registrations:
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to PayPal.