Overture Services, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yahoo! Inc., is a global leader in commercial search services on the Internet. Overture pioneered commercial search by aligning the interests of consumers; its more than 100,000 active, paying advertisers; and its worldwide distribution partners, including major Web portals, ISPs and other heavily trafficked destination sites. The company offers a full suite of Internet search products and search-related services. Overture is based in Pasadena, Calif. [Source: Overture Services, Inc., January 2004]
Things to read:
Questions to consider:
- What is Overture's "pay-for-performance" business model? How does it work?
- Is it a fair business practice for Overture to sell trademark keywords to a company's competitors?
Selected trademark applications and registrations:
- RESULTS YOU CAN'T IGNORE
- QUICK HIT ®
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.
- 6,269,361 -- System and method for influencing a position on a search result list generated by a computer network search engine (Pay for performance search).
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to Overture Services.