Orbitz Worldwide is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travelers to research, plan and book a broad range of travel products. Orbitz Worldwide owns and operates a portfolio of consumer brands that includes Orbitz, CheapTickets, ebookers, HotelClub, RatesToGo, the Away Network and corporate travel brand Orbitz for Business. [Source: Orbitz, March 2008]
Things to read:
Questions to consider:
- How does Orbitz affect established marketing channels in the travel industry?
- How is the Internet changing the way consumers book their travel plans?
- Why might a customer choose Orbitz to book travel as opposed to other vendors like travel agencies or sites such as Expedia, Priceline or Travelocity?
Selected trademark applications and registrations:
- VISIT PLANET EARTH
- DEAL DETECTOR
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.
- 5,832,497 -- Electronic automated information exchange and management system.
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to Orbitz.