About Nielsen Online
Nielsen Online, a service of The Nielsen Company, is a “start-up” with ten years of history in delivering innovative solutions to clients. Formed by the combination of Nielsen//NetRatings and Nielsen BuzzMetrics, Nielsen Online provides independent measurement and analysis of online audiences, advertising, video, blogs, consumer-generated media, word of mouth, commerce and consumer behavior. Nielsen gives clients a more complete view of their markets and a better understanding of their consumers through combined insights, experiences, knowledge, market intelligence and advanced technologies. As the borders between online and offline media and commerce blur, Nielsen Online services deliver an important piece of Nielsen's integrated offering. [Source: Nielsen Online, December 2007]
Things to read:
Questions to consider:
- What is the current number of unique domains visited monthly by global Internet users according to Nielsen//NetRatings? What is the average number of page views per month? What is the average duration of a page viewed?
- How does Nielsen//NetRatings define the Internet universe for the purposes of its measurements?
- What methdological steps does Nielsen//NetRatings take to ensure that its data are representative and consistent of the Internet population as a whole?
Selected trademark applications and registrations:
- NETRATINGS ®
- NETRATINGS ONLINE OBSERVER ®
- NETRATINGS INSIGHT ®
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.