DoubleClick is a provider of digital marketing technology and services. The world's top marketers, publishers and agencies utilize DoubleClick's expertise in ad serving, rich media, video, search and affiliate marketing to help them make the most of the digital medium. From its position at the nerve center of digital marketing, DoubleClick provides superior insights and insider knowledge to its customers. Headquartered in New York, and with 17 offices and development hubs and 15 data centers worldwide, the company employs more than 1200 people and delivers billions of digital communications every day. In 2007, Google announced its intention to purchase Doubleclick for $3.1 billion. [Source: DoubleClick, Inc., Google]
Things to read:
Questions to consider:
- Why is Google interested in acquiring DoubleClick? (read Google's position).
- How does the DoubleClick's DART and Boomerang advertising network operate?
- What are the privacy concerns that arise from services like DoubleClick?
- What steps does DoubleClick take to protect the privacy of Internet users and are these provisions sufficient?
- What impact will the Google acquisition have on privacy concerns?
- How has Internet-based advertising changed over the past decade?
Selected registered trademarks:
- DOUBLECLICK ®
- DARTMAIL ®
- BUILDING ONE-TO-ONE RELATIONSHIPS MILLIONS AT A TIME ®
- Search real-time for U.S. trademarks.
- 5,948,061 -- Method of delivery, targeting, and measuring advertising over networks.
- Search real-time for new U.S. patents granted to DoubleClick.